Financial Accounts Assistant (Part Time, 24 Hours Per Week)
Venn Life Sciences is an Integrated Drug Development Partner offering a unique combination of drug development expertise and clinical trial design and management. This enables us to create, plan and execute drug and medical device development programs effectively and seamlessly for our clients.
We have dedicated operations in Ireland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, the US, and European-wide representation. “Our vision is to deliver results of the highest quality to our global sponsors on time and within budget. We do this through developing our staff to be world class in their fields and forming real, lasting relationships with our clients.”
We are currently seeking a Financial Accounts Assistantto join our Finance Team. The role holder will be based in our office in Breda, The Netherlands. This role will be responsible for ensuring the accurate processing and recording of high-quality financial information and for providing the Senior Financial Controller with timely and accurate company accounts and accompanying analysis to ensure the success of the business.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Process and manage Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR), including posting transactions (i.e. sales and purchase invoices, credit notes, expense reports / credit card expenses) and take ownership of tracking aged receivables
- Assist with month end procedures including preparation and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts in accordance with group deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of project accounting functions including preparing pass-through documentation, billing, project budget analysis, purchase and work orders, contract financial requirements, change orders, AR aging etc.
- Complete month end procedures including reconciliation of balance sheet accounts in accordance with group deadlines
- Assist with preparation of year end files for statutory audit and management of assigned company audits
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded in accordance with group accounting policy, procedures and controls
- Review contracts and setting up projects in the accounting system (Navision)
- Provide general finance support to the business in responding to any ad hoc queries
Key Capabilities Required:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an accounting/finance role with detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents.
- Experience in accounting, project accounting is desirable.
- Service orientated & customer relationship management skills
- Team worker with ability to communicate effectively and form positive relationships in and outside the company;
- Ability to multi-task, skill in establishing priorities and managing workloads
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt and work effectively with a ‘hands-on’ approach to working within a small finance function.
- Demonstrates a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including Excel and proficiency in other Microsoft applications (e.g. SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience in Navision is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including excellent command of English & Dutch.
How to apply: Please forward your CV (in English) and motivation letter by email to Liane Brown-Feaheny, Human Resources, via email@example.com
We do not require the services of agencies for this role.
For more information on our resourcing services visit: www.vennlifesciences.com.