Director of Non-Clinical Development
Venn Life Sciences is an Integrated Drug Development Partner offering a unique combination of drug development expertise and clinical trial design and management. This enables us to create, plan and execute drug and medical device development programs effectively and seamlessly for our clients.
We have dedicated operations in Ireland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, the US, and Europe-wide representation.
“Our vision is to deliver results of the highest quality to our global sponsors on time and within budget. We do this through developing our staff to be world class in their fields and forming real, lasting relationships with our clients.”
We are currently looking for an experienced Director of Non-Clinical Development to lead our Non-Clinical department which is based in our office in Breda, Netherlands.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for Venn’s Non-Clinical consulting and for overseeing Non-Clinical development across multiple projects. In
collaboration with the COO, the role holder will be responsible for the development, execution and refinement of the Venn Non-Clinical department strategy and objectives.
If you are seeking a rewarding and challenging career this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Lead the development and implementation of Venn’s Non-Clinical Strategy and providing scientific input in support of the overall company strategy
- Ensure Venn’s clients receive expert advice regarding the strategy, design, execution, analysis and interpretation of Non-Clinical elements of their projects
- Ensure that all Non-Clinical projects are completed, on time, within budget and in accordance with high quality and scientific standards
- Develop, oversee and manage departmental budget, liaising with the Finance team as required Lead, manage, mentor & develop assigned employees ensuring adequate levels of knowledge and expertise within the Non-Clinical team
- Foster a collaborative, innovative and problem-solving culture and through own behaviours encourage cross-functional engagement across all departments, including regulatory, CMC, Clinical, Quality Assurance, Biometry, etc.
- Stay up to date with current trends, knowledge, and developments in Non-Clinical and proactively identify opportunities to update and increase knowledge and share with others (internally & externally via training, symposia, articles, etc.)
- Represent Non-Clinical as a Subject Matter Expert and thought leader, develop and maintain relationships with relevant scientific and clinical partners, key opinion leaders etc.
- Proactively participate in business development with commitment to identifying business opportunities with current and new clients as well as providing expertise from a Non-Clinical perspective and input to requests for proposals to acquire contracts with existing and new clients
- Contribute scientific input to and review documentation or presentations prepared by the Non-Clinical department
- Act as a senior consultant on Non-Clinical projects.
Qualifications & Experience:
- PhD. level qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role with a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in Non-Clinical development and toxicology (e.g. Study Director)
- Relevant experience working within a multidisciplinary, international environment either in Pharma or Consulting
- Demonstrated broad and active network with pharmaceutical/biotech companies and key opinion leaders.
- Science driven mindset with the ability to communicate to clients and identify the needs of the clients
- Ability to find effective solutions to deal with complex matters (e.g. resolving independently or with support of others)
- Excellent influencing, organisational and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to manage, lead and motivate a team particularly across a multicultural organisation
- Ability to multi-task, with skill in establishing priorities, managing workload and meeting strict deadlines
- Team worker, who can also work independently, with strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and form positive relationships at all levels in and outside the company
- Excellent networking skills to connect to pharmaceutical / biotech companies
- Flexibility to travel and work at different locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including excellent command of English
- Proficiency in PC skills (e.g. SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
How to apply: Please forward your CV (in English) by email to Liane Brown-Feaheny, firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not require the services of agencies for this role.