Breda, The Netherlands / Paris, France / Homebased.
Venn Life Sciences is an Integrated Drug Development Partner offering a unique combination of drug development expertise and clinical trial design and management. This enables us to create, plan and execute drug and medical device development programs effectively and seamlessly for our clients. We have dedicated operations in Ireland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, the US, and European-wide representation.
“Our vision” is to play a pivotal role in the development of new products enabling disease prevention and treatment We do this by creating an environment that generates opportunities for employees to stretch their potential and fully exercise their talents thereby consistently providing outstanding service to our clients. We nurture an environment of respect, pro activity, teamwork and above all keep the patient at the heart of what we do.
We are looking for two Business Development Professionals to join our team.
- Business Development Director
- Business Development Manager
The role holder’s will be responsible for identifying, securing and retaining business through professional, consultative, proactive sales activity directed at decision makers and decision influencers in existing and new client companies.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- In collaboration with the Head of Business Development, create and implement a Strategic Sales Plan
- Secure new business and maintain relationships with identified clients in accordance with annual sales targets and objectives
- Foster business growth with existing clients, cultivate relationships and recruit new business with new clients in a consultative selling process
- Be knowledgeable on all aspects of Venn’s business and proactively identify opportunities to sell
- Establish and maintain industry and client contacts for building and maintaining good relations and business opportunity development
- Maintain regular contact with clients, knowing all aspects of their business, key personnel and new business opportunities thereby gaining RFPs and RFIs when issued
- Manage and maintain accurate and current client information and data in the Client Relationship Management System
- Work closely with Business Teams on key proposals and strategic client initiatives
- Provide input to client focused proposals and budgets for new and existing business opportunities within given timeframes
- Liaise with the proposal development team and internal experts, throughout the proposal generation process to ensure that client specific strategy is adhered to
- Attend bid defence and other client meetings in a lead role
- Review market analysis to determine client needs and be a source of competitive and industry news
- Attend and represent Venn at industry meetings and conferences
- Co-ordinate and execute presentations relative to company capabilities and services
Key Capabilities Required:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Life Science, Business
- Business Development Director – Minimum 7+ years’ consultative sales experience in CRO/Pharmaceutical consulting with excellent knowledge of early product development including CMC. Additional experience in early clinical research is desirable.
- Business Development Manager – Minimum 3+ years’ consultative sales experience in CRO/Pharmaceutical consulting.
- Strong self-starter who is target driven and thrives on success – track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to identify and develop sales leads, professionally present capabilities, manage the sales process through close and handle all aspects of contract negotiation
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- A (strong) passion for networking on an international level
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Demonstrated management competence, business acumen, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Professional who is experienced and dependable with discretion, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Language skills an advantage
- Flexibility to travel
The roles can be based in Breda, The Netherlands, Paris, France or homebased. Willingness to travel according the needs of the business.
We offer an employment with excellent primary and secondary conditions. In our organisation, you can acquire a high level of responsibility and independency, broaden your knowledge, experience and expertise and work in close collaboration with our other development departments.
How to apply:
Please forward your CV (in English) by email to Liane Brown-Feaheny, email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WHICH WE RECEIVE WE WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO REPLY TO CANDIDATES WHOM WE ARE INVITING FOR INTERVIEW.
We do not require the services of agencies for this role.