Assistant Financial Accountant
in Dublin, Ireland.
Venn Life Sciences is an Integrated Drug Development Partner offering a unique combination of drug development expertise and clinical trial design and management. This enables us to create, plan and execute drug and medical device development programs effectively and seamlessly for our clients.
We have dedicated operations in Ireland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, the US, and European-wide representation. “Our vision is to deliver results of the highest quality to our global sponsors on time and within budget. We do this through developing our staff to be world class in their fields and forming real, lasting relationships with our clients.”
We are currently seeking an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our Finance Team, based in our office in Dublin, Ireland. This role will be responsible for ensuring the accurate processing and recording of high-quality financial information and for providing the Group Financial Controller with timely and accurate company accounts and accompanying analysis to ensure the success of the business.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Accounts Receivable – Responsible for billing assigned customers and reconciliation of assigned studies. Monitor and reconcile study budgets. Reconciling assigned customer accounts and following up on reconciling items and actively pursuing assigned customers for outstanding overdue bills.
- Accounts Payable – Ensuring all vendor invoices are posted and reconciliation of assigned vendors and following up on reconciling items and ensuring timely payment of overdue balances. Ensure all expense claims and credit card statements are fully reconciled, approved and posted as necessary. Oversee the preparation of all payment runs prepared by the Accounts Assistant and authorise the payment run. Quantify the level of FX that needs to be purchased to cover the payment run and advise the Group Financial Controller to purchase the necessary FX.
- VAT Submissions – Preparing and submitting VAT returns on time for assigned companies and for reconciling those returns to the VAT GL accounts and following up on any reconciling items. Ensure payments and refunds of VAT are paid or received and posted correctly.
Bank – Ensuring all bank transactions for your assigned company have been posted by the Accounts Assistant. Reconciling bank accounts of all your assigned companies and following up on reconciling items. Keeping an overview of bank balances in your assigned companies and alert management and treasury Accounts Assistant of any anticipated receipts and payments coming up.
- Payroll – Ensuring payroll for employees in any assigned companies is prepared and paid on time and accurately posted to the general ledger. Reconciling the GL payroll related accounts and following up on any reconciling items. Quantify the level of FX, if any, that needs to be purchased to cover the payroll run and advise the Group Financial Controller to purchase the necessary FX.
- Month-End – for assigned companies – prepare accruals, prepayments, depreciation, FX journals and revenue accruals. Ensure the FX rates at month-end are updated by the Accounts Assistant. Post and reconcile any necessary IC transactions incorporating FX. Prepare monthly management pack and back up balance sheet reconciliations for general ledger for assigned companies. Follow up on all reconciling items and make postings where necessary and refresh monthly management pack as necessary. Assist in preparation and distribution of monthly Balanced Score Card information to Heads of Department.
- At year end for assigned companies, after monthly management pack is complete, provide all necessary backup information to the auditors, answer all auditors’ questions in a timely manner. Assist in the preparation of the statutory accounts and ensure the completion of any annual returns required.
- Assist in administration of financial systems to include set up of new companies, new GL accounts, new cost centres etc as necessary
- Participate on ad hoc projects and provide general support to Group Financial Controller/ Group Financial Director and wider company as needed
Key Capabilities Required:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 3–4 years’ experience in a busy accounting/finance role with experience in accruals and prepayments, month end close, year-end accounts preparation etc. (Experience in a multi-national environment is desirable)
- Newly qualified Accountant or strong part-qualified (e.g. ACA, ACCA)
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including excellent Excel experience (Advanced User) – experience in Microsoft Navision desirable
- Fluent English
How to apply: Please forward your CV (in English) and motivation letter by email to Liane Brown-Feaheny, Human Resources, via firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our resourcing services visit: www.vennlifesciences.com
We do not require the services of agencies for this role.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WHICH WE RECEIVE WE WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO REPLY TO CANDIDATES WHOM WE ARE INVITING FOR INTERVIEW.